This website is operated by Sovereign Food Investments Limited trading as Sovereign Foods (herewith referred to as ‘The Owner’). Sovereign Foods is a private company registered in South Africa with reg.no. 1995/03990/06 with registered offices in Uitenhage, South Africa.
Whilst we have taken reasonable care in compiling this website, Sovereign Foods shall not be held liable for any action taken by any person or organisation, direct or otherwise, of information contained in or accessed through this website, whether such information is provided by Sovereign Foods or by a third party. No content on this website are to be construed as the giving of advice or the making of any recommendation and this website shall not be relied upon as the basis for any decision or action.
As a result of ongoing improvements , advances and developments, the information on this website may not always be completely up to date and, for this reason, such information is provided on an ‘AS IS’ and ‘AS AVAILABLE’ basis. WE MAKE NO WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR GIVE ANY UNDERTAKINGS EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED ABOUT ANY OF THE CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE TIMELINESS, CURRENCY, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE OF SUCH CONTENT OR THAT THE RESULTS WHICH MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE WEBSITE WILL BE ERROR FREE OR RELIABLE. The user of this website agrees that the use of information obtained or downloaded from or through this website is at his/her sole discretion and risk.
To the extent permitted by law, Sovereign Foods, and all members of the Sovereign Food Investments Ltd Group and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity; and
Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our website or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our website, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for (i) loss of income or revenue, (ii) loss of business, (iii) loss of profits or contracts, (iv) loss of anticipated savings, (v) loss of data, (vi) loss of goodwill, (vii) wasted management or office time; and (viii) for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
We do not warrant that functions contained in this website will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs.
Intellectual Property Rights
The intellectual property rights in this website, including without limitation, in all documents, files, text, images, RSS feeds, audio files, podcasts, video files, flash tutorials, graphics, devices and code contained in it and in this website’s general ‘look and feel’, is owned by Sovereign Foods or its third party providers. These works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You are authorised to make a single copy and to print extracts or documents from this website (except for any third party owned content which has been identified as such) for your non-commercial use provided any such copy or print retains all copyright or other proprietary notices and any disclaimer contained within them. All Sovereign Foods names, logos and trademarks may not be used or reproduced without our prior written consent.
Other than as specifically mentioned above, reproduction of part or all of the contents of this website in any form, including framing, creating any derivative work based on this website and or its content, incorporation into other websites, electronic retrieval systems or publications is prohibited. You may not use any diagrams, illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text. No links to this website may be included in any other website without our prior written permission.
We cannot guarantee that you have any right to use third party owned content which is available on this website and you must obtain permission from the third party owner before using or downloading such content. Content which is copyright protected may not be changed nor may any author attribution notice or copyright notice appearing on such content be altered without first obtaining the appropriate consents.
Except for the limited permission set out above, nothing on this website should be construed as granting any other right or licence.
All product names referred to on this website are trademarks of Sovereign Foods or its Affiliates, except for those marks which are indicated as owned by other companies and all rights are reserved.
Viruses, hacking and other offences
The user of this website shall not misuse this website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. The user shall not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our website, the server on which our website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our website. The user shall not attack our website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, the user would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. Any such breach shall be reported to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing the user identity. In the event of such a breach, the user’s right to use this website will cease immediately.
Sovereign Foods will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to the use of this website or to the user’s downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it. In accordance with good computing practices, the user is advised to virus check all materials and/or content accessed and/or downloaded from this website using commercially available, up to date virus checking software.
Third party websites and content
This website may contain third party owned content (e.g. articles, image libraries, data feeds or abstracts) and may also include hypertext links to third party owned websites. Sovereign Foods provide such third party content and links as a courtesy to our users. Links are provided for the user’s information only. Sovereign Foods has no control over any third party owned websites or content referred to, accessed by or available on this website and, therefore, does not endorse, sponsor, recommend or otherwise accept any responsibility for such third party websites or content or for the availability of such websites. In particular, Sovereign Foods does not accept any liability arising out of any allegation that any third party owned content (whether published on this, or any other, website) infringes the intellectual property rights of any person or any liability arising out of any information or opinion contained on such third party website or content.
Changes to this website
Sovereign Foods reserves the right to change any part of this website or this legal notice at any time without notice. Any changes to this legal notice shall take effect from the next visit to the website. Notwithstanding the above, Sovereign Foods shall not be obliged to keep this website up to date.
How to contact us
For any further information or queries, Sovereign Foods can be contact by email at: email@example.com.
Country Range Refresh Summer Campaign
Please read these terms and conditions carefully. The terms and conditions set out below apply to all participants taking part in the Country Range Refresh Summer Campaign (“the Promotion”) conducted Crown Chickens t/a Sovereign Foods (Pty) Ltd at 9 Kruis River Road, Cape Road Industrial, Uitenhage, 6229 (“the Promoter”).
- Participation in the promotion constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions. All information relating to this campaign and published on any promotional material will form part of the terms and conditions of entry.
- The promotion will run from the 1st February 2019 until the 31 March 2019. No entries received after midnight on 31 March 2019 will be accepted.
- Participating stores include Spar, Shoprite, Checkers, Spar and Food Lover’s
- Qualifying products will include a promotion sticker
- To enter the competition:
- Buy ANY qualifying Country Range Fresh Chicken pack at a participating store.
- Retain your till slip as proof of purchase (winners will not be eligible for the prize without proof of purchase). Only the original unique till slip(s) for your purchase(s), dated and timed before your entry date and time, and clearly displaying the qualifying product(s) will be accepted. The slip(s) is not to be written on or tampered with in anyway.
- Dial *120*3353# & follow the prompts. USSD costs 20 cents per 20 seconds.
- Entries are capped at a maximum of 3 (three) entries per barcode, per cellular number, per day. Daily repeat entries that exceed three entries from the same cellular number are therefore only permitted for new purchases of a different qualifying product and different barcode submission. If more than three entries per barcode per day are received, the participant will receive an automated response to confirm that the entry has not been accepted.
- Purchase ANY two qualifying Country Range Fresh Chicken packs and receive a bonus entry. Simply enter twice and receive a bonus entry on your second entry (i.e. if you enter twice you will receive 3 entries into the draw). Participant’s will be required to retain proof of purchase for both purchases in order to qualify for the prize if they enter more than once.
- The Promoter will not be responsible for any non-delivery of entries.
- Proof of eligibility, in the form of a valid South African identity book or resident/work permit, and any other requested documentation required to enter the Promotion, must be provided to the Promoters upon request. The Promoters reserve the right to disqualify anyone entering the Promotion that is not able to provide the requested documentation to the Promoters within 24 hours of the first request for documentation.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any claim if fraud or cheating is suspected, including without limitation, through the manipulation of code or otherwise frequently falsifying data
- All qualifying entries from the competition start date, until the draw date will be compiled and entered into 1 (one) audited random draw to select 4 winners.
- The prize winners will be chosen from a random draw of entries and contacted. The draw will take place on 1st April 2019.
- The Promoters’ decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winners will be notified telephonically within 48 hours of the draw date on the cellular number with which they entered the competition. Should the winner not be contactable telephonically within 48 hours, the prize will be transferred to the next randomly selected entry.
- Winners will be announced within 1 week from the draw dates. The announcement of a winner does not constitute a ruling by the Promoters that the winner has complied with the rules. The Promoter may disqualify the entrant after the announcement should any rule transgressions be discovered. The Promoter is also not responsible for any name duplicates – all winners will be notified directly.
- Participants stand a chance of winning one year’s supply of Country Range chicken to the value of R10 000 per participating store.
- A person may not win more than one prize within a 6 (month) period following the first win, nor shall any member of such person’s family residing at the same address (including, but not limited to, aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, in-laws, etc.). The Promoter reserves the right to withhold prizes from any such person, and to reclaim any such prize if a breach of this rule is subsequently discovered.
- You may only enter the Competition as an individual; any entries that, in the Promoter’s absolute discretion, have been made via participation in a syndicate will be disqualified.
- Any entries made, in the Promoter’s discretion, via any form of machine assisted intervention enabling multiple entries will be disqualified.
- Prizes are not transferrable, exchangeable and may not be redeemed for cash and if not taken up for any reason, may be forfeited or be the subject of a separate draw or be allocated at the Promoters’ discretion to another winner.
- The competition is only open to permanent residents of South Africa, with the exception of (i) directors, members, partners, promotional and advertising agents, merchandisers, employees or consultants of the Promoter and organisers of the Competition and the spouse, life partner, parent, child, brother, sister, business partner or associate of any of the said persons (ii) people who are not legal citizens of the Republic of South Africa in possession of a valid South African identity book (iii) and Persons under the age of 18 years.
- The Promoter may refuse to award a prize to any participant/winner in the event that that they reasonably believe, in their sole discretion, that the winner is not eligible to win, fails to accept the prize, has acted in a manner that is not in the spirit of the competition, their conduct can be reasonably interpreted as scamming or circumventing the rules of the competition, if there is any suspicion of any irregularities or fraudulent activities, if it would be unlawful to award the prize or if the winner fails to accept the prize within 24 hours for any reason whatsoever, or the winner fails to provide the Promoter with the required information to hand over the prize. In any of these circumstances the winner will forfeit the prize, the Promoter’s decision shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Any winners suspected of fraudulent activities will also be disqualified from any future campaigns conducted by the Promoter or its Agents.
- All Participants and Winners (as well as their families) indemnify the Promoter, its associated companies (directors, officers and employees) and agents, against any / all claims for any loss, damages, injuries, or death, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise, arising from any cause whatsoever connected to or arising from their participation in any way in this competition or adventure prizes.
- Participants of this promotion are voluntarily providing their personal information to the Promoter and the third-party service providers running the promotion in conjunction with the Promoter. By entering this competition, participants authorize the Promoter to collect, store and use (not share) personal information of participants for communication or statistical purposes. Participants are entitled to decline any marketing communication.
- The winners or participants may be requested to take part in publicity campaigns for broadcast or publishing purposes. Winners or participants shall at all times be entitled to decline the above request. Winners or participants who take part in any publicity will not be entitled to any payment or other remuneration for such publicity or otherwise. All publicity and other materials will be the sole property of the Promoter. However, the winner has the right to decline an invitation to participate in any promotional activity or to object to these images being used by written notification to 9 Kruis River Road, Cape Road Industrial, Uitenhage, 6229. Attention: Legal Department.
- The Promoter will adhere to the minimum standards of record keeping as prescribed by the CPA; to the extent allowed in Law, reserve the right to terminate this Competition immediately and without notice; accept no responsibility for any tax commitments arising from the acceptance of a Prize/s and independent financial advice should be sought for such purpose; not be held responsible for any unforeseen costs with regard to the acceptance of a Prize/s besides that which is stipulated in the Competition; to the extent allowed in Law, not guarantee, warrant or make any representations whatsoever regarding the quality of the Prize/s.
- If the Promoters are required by any legislation, the Minister of Trade and Industry, or the National Lotteries to alter any aspect of the competition or to terminate the competition as a result of changes in legislation, the Promoters will have the right to terminate this competition with immediate effect and without notice of such termination. In such event all participants hereby waive any rights which they may have against the Promoters and acknowledge that they will have no recourse or claim of any nature whatsoever against the Promoters, its agents, contractors and/or sponsors.
- The Promoter reserves the right to carry out reasonable due diligence to confirm eligibility and help ensure that the use of any such person in advertising or publicity for the Promotion will not bring the Promoter or any of the Promoter’s brands into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on the Promotion as determined by Promoter in its sole discretion.
- The promoter may refuse to award a prize to any winner if the winner fails to provide the Promoter with the required information to hand over the prize within 24 hours after notification.
- The Promoter will at its own discretion, be able to amend the terms and conditions to the competition at any time during the duration of the competition.
- Neither the Promoter nor its agents or distributors will have any liability whatsoever, to any of the participants in relation to their participation in this promotion.
- The Promoters reserve the right to disqualify any winner without informing the winner in case such winner fails to comply with the Promotion’s terms and conditions.
- All terms and conditions are subject to the laws of Republic of South Africa and should a doubt or dispute occur, it will be taken before the courts of Republic of South Africa. This Promotion is not applicable in conjunction with any other offers/ promotions offered by the Promoters.
- The promoter may be contacted on 041 995 1700 for any competition enquiries.